Thursday, 16 June 2011

Final thoughts Mk II

Currently listening to: Got Nuffin' - Spoon

Exactly a year ago (give or take a few hours), I was in this precise position. Perhaps even literally. Sitting at my old desk, in my parents' house, waiting for results the following day. Back then I was pessimistic, and now I'm marginally less pessimistic, but pessimistic all the same (this blog is called the Grumpy Biomed, not the Cheerful and Optimistic Biomed, so it's not altogether unexpected). The plot thickens however as this is a) a lot more important than last year as tomorrow I will be finding out my degree classification b) our marks were accidentally (and briefly) leaked online a few night ago.

In the interests of confidentiality I will not be saying anything until the SBCS Examination Board has concluded its meeting tomorrow afternoon and officially released the results. The plot does indeed thicken, but I am still very much uncertain myself regarding results. If I weren't I wouldn't be feeling pessimistic, I'd be feeling happy, sad, angry, ecstatic, or whatever, but not pessimistic...an emotion which carries with it uncertainty and an element of anticipation.

So...it all depends on tomorrow afternoon. I will again say that I genuinely have tried my best and that I do hope that my results will reflect this and allow me to get to where I want to get.

7 comments:

  1. Good luck grumps ;) You collecting them in person or having them e-mailed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck dude. let us know when you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous #1: I will be collecting them in person. Cheers.

    @Anonymous #2: Thank you :) I'll most likely update tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck good luck good luck!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell you what, I'm as nervous for you as I was when I was waiting for results day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers Bean :) Let's hope it goes well, leaving in 3 hours...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck Grumpy! didn't see this post yesterday... hope it all went well! ^^

    ReplyDelete