Sunday, 21 November 2010

Getting on

Currently listening to: There She Goes - The La's

Hmm, haven't updated in a while, but that's cause not much is really going on. Reading week came and went...all courseworks were completed, handed in and classes have resumed. One thing I've noticed is how quickly time's passing, the ninth week (of twelve) is about to start, it feels like it ought to only be the fourth week though. And of course, it's only the middle of November and someone on the Tube was listening to "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" which made me cringe a bit...(sorry, had to slip in a grumble).

The first few coursework marks have also started trickling in:

Human Genetics exam 1 - A
Human Genetics coursework 1 - B
PBL exam 1 - F

There was a time that I would have descended into a depression spiral about that last result, though maybe I've mellowed with age, maybe I'm becoming a better adjusted person, or maybe I'm just turning totally indifferent but for whatever reason I'm not in a mood about it. Reason for that dismal result? Lack of revision due to lots of work due in the same week, and exam nerves. Not a particularly inspiring excuse, I know. However, there are six PBL exams during the year, the top five of which count towards the final mark. So without wanting to sound complacent, I'm willing to write this one off, and learn from the experience...a test run as it were.

What's coming up? Well I have an essay, another piece of coursework and PBL exam 2, all to be done by the end of week 9...it's going to be a busy week, but I think it should be manageable. And this time I will revise solidly for the second PBL exam.

Gosh, this post sounds really quite un-grumpy...even sensible and mature...no emotional tantrums at all...what is wrong with me?

5 comments:

  1. What's a PBL exam like??
    - and meh.. i like the grumpy-ness! come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a mixture of SAQs and EMQs :)

    The grumpy-ness will be back before long no doubt...I actually revised lots for today's PBL exam so if I don't get a good result, I will be extremely grumpy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grumpy - I put a comment on your back in E1 post, saying I am currently doing Immunology at Imperial, so can give you some advice and so on about that should you be interested.

    Good luck in the other PBL exams - screw that result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @IO:

    My apologies for the late reply, would you send an email to grumpybiomed(at)gmail.com? I have a few questions I'd like to ask you, if you have the time :)

    GB

    ReplyDelete