Tuesday, 25 May 2010

The Eight Labours of the Grumpy Biomed: Microbiology

Currently listening to: Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry

Today is probably the tiredest I've been over the whole exam period...three hours sleep last night...the effects of the past 3 weeks are starting to build up. Thank Christ there's only one more exam left.

Today's exam was Clinical Microbiology...well not much to say really, it was like nearly all my other exams...good MCQs, a great essay and terrible short answer questions in Section B...I'd completely forgotten the details about Hepatitis B and hepatocellular carcinoma. The essay was about discussing various bacterial, viral and parasitic gastrointestinal infections and the role of the microbiology lab in their diagnosis, I think that went well, having spoken to my friend afterwards we seemed to have covered the same points which gives me a bit more confidence. Plus I got 72% (A) for the coursework component...I'm praying that this is enough to make up for the poor SAQ performance.

I should really revise tonight, but I really need to sleep first, I must have dozed off at least three or four times in the exam itself, only for two or three minutes, but still...Tonight will definitely be an early night as I know that tomorrow night will be a repeat of last night, i.e. lots of cramming and staying up. I'll be glad when this is all over and I can start going to bed like a normal human being...before the sun rises.

Next exam: Essential Biochemistry

No comments:

Post a Comment